P E R F O R M A N C E S F O R K I D S
• Performed in schools, libraries, museums, at home, or under trees in a park.
• All school programs can be tailored to grade appropriate common core standard learning objectives.
School Assembly Programs (45 minutes—one hour)
Story Journeys: An interactive storytelling performance in which students become fully involved in the ancient art of oral storytelling. In this high-tech world, low-tech master storyteller Karen Golden weaves a variety of yarns from folklore traditions around the world, her own life, the lives of historic personalities and from her rich imagination.
• Karen invites listeners to sing, clap make sound effects and tap along.
• Bodies become trees and paper becomes boats.
• Music highlights her story journeys played on saxophone, accordion, ocarina recorder and nose flute.
• Students experience the richness of language, strengthening their listening, visualization, vocabulary acquisition and comprehension skills.
• Students are inspired to create their own stories and explore the library for other versions of stories shared.
• Storytelling is a partner with literacy and Story Journeys makes learning fun!
A Walk Around The World in Stories and Shoes—Whose Shoes Are These?
Creative Story Vacations Without Leaving Your Seat
Butterfly Stories From Near And Far
Tales Of Women: Witty and Wise
Animal Tales From Here, There And Everywhere
A Harvest of Tales—Stories of Farming, Gardening and Flower Power
Commissioned Works: An original story for your special occasion. Karen has created original works for cities, museums and about numerous individuals including Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, anniversaries, birthdays and celebrations.
—5th grader, Vista San Gabriel School
“You are an extremely talented and engaging storyteller. It was great to see how closely involved the children were with the stories…and so were the adults.”
—MaryAnn Bonino, Director,
The Da Camera Society
Dream On Productions
Storytelling Tour 2018